Serves: 4 People
Preparation Time: 5 – 7 minutes to prep, 2 – 30 minutes to cook.
- 3 carrots
- 3 leeks
- 1 white onion
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of butter beans
- 1 flat tsp. of dried thyme or a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 flat tsp. of paprika
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- A small knob of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thin slice of brie cheese (Optional)
- Granary rolls
- Thinly slice onion, celery, leeks and carrots.
- Melt the knob of butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Add the vegetables and saute for 5 minutes without burning the vegetables.
- Add the paprika and thyme. Stir, then add the tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer, adding drained and rinsed butter beans.
- Simmer gently. Cook until the vegetables are soft – about 20 mins. Add more water if too thick.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if required – be aware that the stock might already be quite salty.
- Optional – Put a thin slice of brie into the bottom of the individual bowls.
- Ladle on the soup and serve with warm granary rolls.