Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 30 minutes to cook.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 230g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 10oz paella or long grain rice
- 2.5 pints vegetable stock
- Fresh mixed seafood (mussels/prawns/squid/clams)
- 4 king prawns
- Optional – lemon wedges
- Heat the oil in a paella or large frying pan. Add the onion and pepper and cook until soft.
- Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, turmeric and paprika, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the paella rice and cook for 1 minute, coating it with the tomato mixture.
- Pour in the stock, stir and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer uncovered for 6 – 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until most of the stock is absorbed.
- Add the seafood and king prawns, cook for 3 – 4 minutes, continually stirring so the seafood cooks and the rice absorbs the liquid.
- Try the rice every 5 – 10 minutes until you reach a consistency that you like. You may need to add more water as the rice consumes the liquid in the pan, and keep stirring – you don’t want to burn the rice!
- When your rice is as soft as you like it, serve the pan in the centre of the table with separate spoons and plates for everyone to tuck in!
- Optional – Serve with lemon wedges.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife