Introduction to guest:
Tiffanee Cook is a successful business woman, performance coach, boxer and podcaster.
In this show we talk about Tiffanee’s experiences in business, performance, boxing and podcasting, as well as digging a little deeper into her personal life and some of the difficult memories she’s had to confront (some of which she is still addressing today).
To hear Tiffanee speak openly about painful and pleasurable experiences that have enabled her to develop self-awareness, resilience, courage and independence, sit tight, strap yourself in and get ready for a real authentic story!
Enjoy the show and don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel to join the live discussions!
Key quotes and takeaways from the show:
Offense is the best defence.
Metaphor for life: 12 weeks of hard work = 5 minutes of euphoria.
Writing helped Tiff understand herself, her mental stories and her trauma.
Ask good questions!
“How you do one thing is how you do everything.”
Difficult situations (i.e. boxing) shows you who you are before you get a chance to THINK about who you are. You react before you decide. It allows you to connect with your feelings and biology a lot more.
Repetition allows you to be more comfortable during performance.
“The more awareness you have and the more competent you become, the more bandwidth you have to think [within a given situation].”
On performance: “If you think, you’re too late.”
You have 2 voices, the positive optimist and the negative pessimist, which one are you going to listen to?
If you find yourself blindly chasing goals, with no consideration for the present moment, try changing your goals into “intentions”. You can act intentionally without missing the beauty of the present moment.
Take action. Meet the Universe halfway. “You should have seen the garden before I got here!”
It all starts with self-awareness!
Some benefits of podcasting: networking, communication skills, technical knowledge, sharing ideas, insights and important information, etc.
Sometimes you will fear that what you’re doing isn’t good enough. Do it anyway.
Share everything. Never hold back. Put yourself out there.
“The response to complete authentic vulnerability is always love and acceptance.”
When you hold in traumatic memories, it impacts your body.
Authenticity and connection are key for online advisory businesses.
“You never know what you’re in the middle of, whilst you’re in the middle of it.”
People buy people, beliefs, dreams and solutions, not products.
Don’t get ready, just start!
Alcohol is a mask that you use to cover the real you.
Don’t ask “what is wrong with you?” Ask “what happened?”
GP’s do no biological testing to diagnose mental illness, yet they prescribe biological solutions (drugs). There are around 260-something prescribed mental illnesses, yet only 8 prescribed drugs. [This could be country specific. Please do your research before quoting these comments].
Question of the day:
“If you could choose anyone in the world, who would you punch in the face?”
Links to podcast sites:
The full podcast:
Here are some more related episodes…
To be notified on future podcasts:
Why would you want to do this?
- You can watch upcoming podcasts live on YouTube.
- You can interact with us and our guest live on YouTube.
- You can send in questions for upcoming guests.
If your question gets answered and you miss the live show, you can watch it here later.
- 00:00:00 – Coming up.
- 00:00:26 – Where to find more and mhvpath.com.
- 00:01:01 – An introduction to Tiffanee.
- 00:02:21 – Lockdown life in Melbourne, Australia.
- 00:04:05 – How Tiff got into boxing.
- 00:15:36 – One major lesson Tiff learned from boxing.
- 00:19:27 – How Tiff deals with fear.
- 00:21:49 – Dealing with trauma and therapy sessions.
- 00:36:26 – Awareness, familiarity, logic and emotions.
- 00:40:14 – How to ease into combat sports or martial arts.
- 00:46:47 – Having goals and staying in the present moment.
- 00:55:35 – How Tiff started Roll with the Punches podcast.
- 00:59:57 – The main lessons Tiff has learned from her podcast.
- 01:07:35 – Advice for people starting online advisory businesses.
- 01:14:16 – Who would Tiff punch in the face?
- 01:14:56 – Key principles and life lessons that Tiff lives by.
- 01:15:12 – Things that blow Tiff’s mind.
- 01:16:55 – Somatic therapy
- 01:20:15 – Unpopular opinions.
- 01:23:30 – Books that Tiff recommends.
- 01:25:47 – What’s added the most value to Tiff’s life?
- 01:29:14 – The one thing Tiff would save if her house was burning down.
- 01:29:50 – Where to find more from Tiff.
- 01:31:09 – A recommended book from Gaz.
- 01:31:46 – Thank you and goodbye!
- 01:32:15 – Where to find more and mhvpath.com.
People and resources mentioned:
In alphabetical order:
- Alison Wright
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Craig Harper
- Danny Green
- Dr Bill Saunders
- Lost Connections by Johann Hari
- Oprah Winfrey and Dr. Bruce Perry Book (What Happened to You?)
- Paul Taylor
- Rain Histen
- Roll with the Punches Episode 5 with Pharrell
- The 10,000 hour rule (from Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell)
- The Trauma Cleaner by Sandra Pankhurst
- Tribe Fit
- What Happened? by Dr Bill Saunders