The prone cobra is a terrific exercise that helps strengthen the “anti-slouch” muscles in your back and improves your posture.
It’s an extremely simple exercise that you can do it anytime, anywhere and without any equipment.
Another great exercise for those who spend significant periods sitting down.
Prone cobra form
- Lie face down on the floor with your arms out to the side and your head in a neutral position.
- Squeeze your body from head to toe (all at once).
- Whilst squeezing, smoothly raise your head, arms and legs in unison up towards the ceiling.
- Keep your head in a neutral position with your chin gently tucked in so your neck is long.
- Once at the top, hold for a second and smoothly lower all limbs and your head back to the floor.
Easier prone cobra variations
- Raise upper body only.
- Raise legs only.
- Use arms to assist upper body.
Harder prone cobra variations
- Super slow, 10 second up, 10 second down.
- Hold for longer at the top of the exercise and squeeze your entire body.