Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes to prep, 10 minutes to cook.
- 800g good quality minced chuck steak
- Olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 1 splash of white wine vinegar
- 2 large gherkins
- 4 sesame-topped brioche burger buns
- 4 – 8 rashers of good quality smoked streaky bacon
- 4 tsp American mustard
- Tabasco chipotle sauce
- 4 thin slices of red Leicester cheese
- Tomato ketchup
- ¼ of an iceberg lettuce
- 2 heaped tbsp free-range light mayo
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Divide the mince into 4 and roll each piece into a ball. Then press into flat patties roughly 12cm wide or roughly 2cm wider than your buns. Place on an oiled plate and chill in the fridge.
- Next, finely slice the red onion, then dress in a bowl with the vinegar and a pinch of sea salt.
- Slice the gherkins and halve the buns.
- Finely chop the lettuce and mix with 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup, 2 tbsp of light mayo, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce and 1 tsp of Tabasco chipotle sauce.
- Turn on the barbeque and let it warm up.
- Pat the burgers with oil and season them with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place the burgers onto the barbeque.
- Also place the streaky bacon onto the barbeque and cook both sides until done to your liking – We like them crispy!
- With the burgers, flip after a minute and brush each cooked side with ½ a teaspoon of mustard and a dash of Tabasco. After another minute, flip onto the mustard side and brush again with another ½ teaspoon of mustard and a second dash of Tabasco.
- Cook for one more minute before placing some crispy bacon a slice of cheese on top of each burger.
- At the same time, toast 2 split buns in the bacon fat until lightly golden.
- To build each burger, add a quarter of the burger sauce to the bun base, then top with a cheesy bacon burger and a quarter of the onions and gherkins. Rub the base of the bun top with a teaspoon of ketchup, then gently press together.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife