Serves: 4 people
Nutrition Values: 170 Calories, 8g Fat, 24g Carbs, 2g Dietary Fibre, 8g Sugars, 2g Protein
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes – Alternative (use pumpkin puree to reduce cooking time by 10 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 table spoon of chopped lemon grass
- 15g butter
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 350ml coconut milk
- 4 shallots (chopped)
- 475g peeled and diced pumpkin
- 2 small fresh red chillies (chopped)
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- In a medium size saucepan, heat the oil and the butter on a low heat.
- Add the garlic, shallots, chillies and lemon grass. Once fragrant, stir in the coconut milk, pumpkin and chicken stock. Cook until boil and ensure pumpkin is soft.
- Once whole mixture has been cooked for 15 minutes add to a blender for that extra smooth/creamy texture.
- Finally, get stuck in.