Serves: 4 people
Nutrition Values: 170 Calories, 8g Fat, 24g Carbs, 2g Dietary Fibre, 8g Sugars, 2g Protein
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes – Alternative (use pumpkin puree to reduce cooking time by 10 minutes)
- 1 tablespoon of cold pressed vegetable oil
- 1 table spoon of chopped lemon grass
- 15g organic butter
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 350ml coconut milk
- 4 shallots (chopped)
- 475g peeled and diced pumpkin (or 425g can of pumpkin puree)
- 2 small fresh red chillies (chopped)
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- In a medium size saucepan, heat the oil and the butter on a low heat.
- Add the garlic, shallots, chillies and lemon grass. Once fragrant, stir in the coconut milk, pumpkin and chicken stock. Cook until boil and ensure pumpkin is soft.
- Cooked and stir for 15 minutes.
- Add to a blender for an extra smooth/creamy texture.
- Then get stuck in!
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife