Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes to prep, 30 minutes to cook.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley , (15g)
- 70 g quality chorizo
- 4 boneless and skinless free-range chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 organic chicken stock cube
- 300g paella rice
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 lemon
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot.
- Remove stalks from parsley and finely chop stalks. Put the parsley leaves to one side.
- Chop chicken thighs and chorizo.
- Put a lug of oil into a large lidded shallow casserole or paella pan on a medium heat.
- Add into pan the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Cut pepper in half remove seeds, stalk and any white pith. Roughly chop and add to pan for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice.
- Stir in rice for around a minute.
- Pour in 750ml of boiling water and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in and from the inside out.
- Add a splash of water if required.
- Stir in the peas and pop lid back on for another 5 minutes.
- Season and chop the parsley leaves, scatter them over the paella, and serve with lemon wedges on the side for squeezing over.