Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes to prep, 30 minutes to cook.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium carrot
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley (around 15g)
- 70g quality chorizo
- 4 boneless and skinless free-range chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 organic chicken stock cube
- 300g paella rice
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 lemon
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, onion and carrot.
- Remove the stalks from the parsley and finely chop them. Put the parsley leaves to one side.
- Chop the chicken thighs and chorizo.
- Put a lug of oil into a large lidded shallow casserole or paella pan and warm over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken and paprika into the pan, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Cut the pepper in half remove the seeds, stalk and any white pith. Roughly chop them and add them to pan for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice.
- Stir in the rice for around a minute.
- Pour in 750ml of boiling water and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly from the outside in and from the inside out.
- Add a splash of water if required (if the rice absorbs all the water. Avoid burning the rice which will happen if the pan is dry).
- Stir in the peas and pop lid back on for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, chop the parsley leaves and scatter them over the paella.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side for diners to squeeze over the finished dish.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife