Serves: 2 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 2 hours 10 minutes to cook.
- 4 Organic sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil per 150g of sweet potato
- Your choice of seasoning to taste: 1/4 tsp of black pepper, sea salt, cumin, paprika, etc – be creative!
- Preheat oven to 120°C or 250°F.
- Clean your sweet potatoes but do not peel them!
- Slice as thinly as possible – Keep the size of the slices consistent as they need to bake evenly.
- Lightly coat the slices with a dash of olive oil and then sprinkle with your seasoning.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment paper and lay the chips, single layer.
- Bake for 2 hours – You only need to turn the chips once (at halfway through cooking) to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from the oven and let them rest for at least 10 minutes until crisp.
- Test the texture or crispiness and bake for a little longer if needed.
- Store in an air-tight container ready for a quick snack.