Serves: 2 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 2 hours 10 minutes to cook.
- 4 Organic sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil per 150g of sweet potato
- Your choice of seasoning to taste: 1/4 tsp of black pepper, sea salt, cumin, paprika, etc – be creative!
- Preheat oven to 120°C or 250°F.
- Clean your sweet potatoes but do not peel them!
- Slice as thinly as possible – Keep the size of the slices consistent as they need to bake evenly.
- Lightly coat the slices with a dash of olive oil and then sprinkle with your seasoning.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment paper and lay the chips, single layer.
- Bake for 2 hours – You only need to turn the chips once (at halfway through cooking) to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from the oven and let them rest for at least 10 minutes until crisp.
- Test the texture or crispiness and bake for a little longer if needed.
- Store in an air-tight container ready for a quick snack.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife