Serves: 1 person.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes to prep, 25 minutes to cook.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 100g sirloin steak
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 1 spring onion
- 1 cup pak choi
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 125g wholegrain rice
- Salt and black pepper
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the rice. Stir and then cover. Turn heat down and leave to cook for around 25 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, season the steak with salt and pepper and cut into strips. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the steak until browned both sides. Remove and set aside to rest.
- Now chop the broccoli, garlic, spring onion and pak choi. In the same pan, fry the broccoli and garlic for around 3 – 4 minutes. A splash of water may be required.
- Now add in the peas, spring onion and pak choi and fry for around 2 minutes.
- Add the hoisin sauce and then the steak. Another splash of water may be required. Fry for around a minute.
- Drain the wholegrain rice and serve with the stir-fry mixture.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife