Serves: 1 person.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 20 – 25 minutes to cook.
- 150g rump steak
- 100g button mushrooms
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed black peppercorns
- 3 tbsp full fat fromage frais
- 1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 75g brocolli and/or green beans
- Remove steak from fridge and leave to reach room temperature.
- Slice onion and heat oil in a pan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add button mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove onions and mushrooms and put to one side.
- Cut steak into strips and add to a bowl with the paprika and black peppercorns.
- Add steak to the pan and cook for around 3 – 4 minutes or until browned all over.
- Reduce heat and add back the onions and mushrooms.
- Stir in fromage frais and mustard. Heat gently for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Steam or boil some green beans and/or broccoli.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve with fresh chopped parsley.