Serves: 3 – 4 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 50 minutes to cook.
- 400g of carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Half tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 – 3 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp clear honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp pine nuts lightly toasted in a dry pan until golden
- Salt and pepper
- Optional – Harissa paste if you want a slightly hotter dip
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F / Gas Mark 6.
- Put the sliced carrots into a baking tray and pour over the olive oil. Toss to make sure carrots are covered. Roast for 30 – 40 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the oven and crush with a fork. Stir in the cumin, cinnamon, paprika, ginger, garlic, honey and lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Alternatively, you can ‘blitz’ the roasted carrots in a processor or blender, adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil and sprinkle over the pine nuts if using.
- Serve with pita or flat bread.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife