Serves: 3 – 4 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 50 minutes to cook.
- 400g of carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Half tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2-3 cm piece of fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp clear honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp pine nuts lightly toasted in a dry pan until golden
- Salt and pepper
- Harissa paste if you want a slightly hotter dip
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F / gas 6.
- Put the sliced carrots into a baking tray and pour over the olive oil. Toss to make sure carrots are covered. Roast for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Remove from the oven and crush with a fork. Stir in the cumin, cinnamon, paprika, ginger, garlic, honey and lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Alternatively you can ‘blitz’ the roasted carrots in a processor or blender, adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil and sprinkle over the pine nuts if using.
- Serve with pita or flat bread.