Spiced Baked Apples – Serves 4
- 4 large Bramley cooking apples
- 2 handfuls of chopped mixed fruit – eg. Raisins, cranberries, sultanas, apricots – whatever you fancy .You can also add chopped walnuts.
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon – optional
- Zest of 1 lemon or orange
- Low fat Greek yogurt to serve
Prepare oven – Gas mark 4/180oC
- Remove the core of the apples.
- Mix together the fruit and honey in a bowl.
- Put the apples onto a baking tray.
- Stuff the centre of the apples with the fruit mix.
- Cover with foil, and then remove foil after 10 minutes. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the apples are soft, but not collapsed.
- Serve with a dollop of low fat Greek yoghurt.