Serves: 4 people
Preparation Time: 15 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook.
- 4 large Bramley cooking apples
- 2 handfuls of chopped mixed fruit – raisins, cranberries, sultanas, apricots – whatever you fancy (you can also add chopped walnuts).
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Greek yogurt to serve
- Prepare oven – Gas mark 4 (180 degrees C or 355 degrees F)
- Remove the core of the apples so you have a hole the size of a 2 pence piece running from top to bottom (you don’t need to pierce the bottom of the apple).
- Slice the skin of each apple around the middle (without cutting them in half).
- Mix the fruit, honey, zest and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Put the apples onto a baking tray.
- Stuff the centre of the apples with the fruit and honey mix, and pour the orange juice into the dish.
- Cover with foil and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the apples are soft, but not collapsed, occasionally spooning over the juices from the bottom of the tray.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife