Serves: 4 people
Preparation Time: 15 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook.
- 4 large Bramley cooking apples
- 2 handfuls of chopped mixed fruit – Raisins, cranberries, sultanas, apricots – whatever you fancy (you can also add chopped walnuts).
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon – optional
- Zest of 1 lemon or orange
- Low fat Greek yogurt to serve
- Prepare oven – Gas mark 4 (180 degrees C or 355 degrees F)
- Remove the core of the apples.
- Mix together the fruit and honey in a bowl.
- Put the apples onto a baking tray.
- Stuff the centre of the apples with the fruit mix.
- Cover with foil and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the apples are soft, but not collapsed.
- Serve with a dollop of low fat Greek yoghurt.