Serves: 1 person.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 15 minutes to cook.
- 1 medium egg
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 red pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 slice wholemeal toast
- 20g grated cheddar or feta cheese
- Salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / 390F / Gas Mark 6.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and heat.
- Chop the onion and garlic and add to the pan. Cook for around 4 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Finely chop the fresh parsley and red pepper and add into the pan along with the tomatoes. Cook for another minute or so.
- Season with black pepper and salt.
- Spoon the mixture into a small size oven dish.
- Make a hole in the middle of the mixture and crack an egg into the hole.
- Top with cheese and bake for around 10 minutes.
- Serve with a slice of toasted wholemeal bread.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife