Serves: 1 person.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 15 minutes to cook.
- 1 medium egg
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/4 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 slice wholemeal toast
- 20g grated cheddar cheese or feta
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / 390F / Gas mark 6.
- Add olive oil to pan and heat.
- Chop onion and garlic and add to pan. Cook for around 4 minutes, occasionally stirring.
- Finely chop fresh parsley and add into the pan along with the tomatoes. Cook for another minute or so.
- Season with black pepper and salt.
- Spoon mixture into a small size oven dish.
- Make a hole in the middle of mixture and crack egg into the hole.
- Top with cheese and bake for around 10 minutes.
- Serve with a slice of toasted wholemeal bread.