Key quotes and takeaways from the show:
Physical violence should be the absolute last resort. Speak up or move away before any situation becomes physical. There is no positive outcome from physical confrontation.
Everyone should learn how to fall properly.
Facebook is creating a “Metaverse” where humans can have experiences that they couldn’t otherwise have in the physical world.
At the start of social media, no one ever asked the important questions like, “how will this impact our mental health?” We just ran with it and have been running with it ever since.
Social media is a mirror to what is inside people’s heads. You can find what you look for… If you look for the bad, you’ll find the bad; if you look for the good, you’ll find the good.
Self-defence starts with awareness.
Sci-Fi predicts the future.
Technology is moving faster than our brains.
We understand a vast amount about physical laws but we understand hardly anything about universal laws (laws of the Universe).
Links to podcast sites:
The full podcast:
Here are some more thoughts about life from Shaun & Gaz…
To be notified on future podcasts:
Why would you want to do this?
- You can watch upcoming podcasts live on YouTube.
- You can interact with us and our guest live on YouTube.
- You can send in questions for upcoming guests.
If your question gets answered and you miss the live show, you can watch it here later.
- 00:00:00 – Coming up.
- 00:00:26 – 18 years in jail for a bullying victim!
- 00:04:09 – How Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu saved Gaz from death.
- 00:07:09 – We are entering the Matrix!
- 00:13:40 – The computational power of Artificial Intelligence.
- 00:19:15 – Social media stars boxing (Jake Paul vs. Tommy Fury).
- 00:20:59 – Ice Cube turns down $9m film roll that requires Covid-19 vaccine.
- 00:24:01 – How the war on drugs was politically motivated.
- 00:26:51 – Helping domestic violence victims.
- 00:32:29 – Helping the deaf community.
- 00:39:45 – The pace of evolving technology.
- 00:42:43 – Physical laws and Universal laws.
- 00:44:16 – How machines could experience more of reality than humans.
- 00:45:08 – When will there be a war against the machines?
- 00:48:44 – Goodbye.
- 00:49:05 – Another episode on life lessons and current trends.
People and resources mentioned:
In alphabetical order:
- Anxiety Podcast
- Chris Dixon and Naval Ravikant on the Tim Ferriss Podcast
- Citizens Advice: Domestic Violence and Abuse Help
- Eric Schmidt on the Tim Ferriss Podcast
- Gov.uk – Domestic Violence
- Hayley Brown Podcast
- Ice Cube
- Joe Rogan
- Josh Waitzkin
- Justin Bieber
- Kevin Hart book (The Decision by Kevin Hart)
- Kim Scott
- Matt Damon in The Martian
- Mayo Clinic: Domestic Violence Against Women
- Michael Pollan
- Mike Stone
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline
- NHS help for abuse and domestic violence
- Off The Grid Missions
- Richard Nixon
- Rickson Gracie
- @signlanguagehealth on Instagram
- Star Trek
- Star Trek Next Generation
- Star Wars
- Taylor Swift
- Thunderdome in Mad Max 3
- Tim Ferriss Podcast
- Tina Turner