Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook.
- 2 large red bell peppers (1 lb.), plus slices for garnish (optional)
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion, sliced (2 cups)
- 2 large carrots, sliced (1/2 lb.)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 175C / 350F / gas mark 4.
- Place bell peppers on a baking sheet and roast for 1 hour or until skin is wrinkled and blackened turning peppers occasionally.
- Once done transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes to steam. When peppers have cooled down, rub off blackened peel and remove seeds.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add curry powder and bay leaf, and stir for 10 seconds. Add onion, carrots, garlic, and salt to mix. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add 4 cups water, and bring to a boil. Now reduce heat to medium-low temperature, and simmer, covered, for around 25 minutes.
- Transfer carrot mixture to blender, add bell peppers, and purée and blend until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Garnish servings with bell pepper slices, if using.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe – We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback and send in your pictures!
If you have any ideas or alternatives to this recipe please send them in or make a comment in the box below!