Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook.
- 2 large red bell peppers (1 lb.), plus slices for garnish (optional)
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large onion, sliced (2 cups)
- 2 large carrots, sliced (1/2 lb.)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 175C / 350F / gas mark 4.
- Place the bell peppers on a baking sheet and roast for 1 hour or until skin is wrinkled and blackened, turning peppers occasionally.
- Once done, transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 10 minutes. When the peppers have cooled down, rub off the blackened peel and remove seeds.
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add the curry powder and bay leaf, and stir for 10 seconds. Add onion, carrots, garlic and salt to mix. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Add 4 cups water, and bring to the boil. Now reduce heat to medium-low temperature, and simmer, covered, for around 25 minutes.
- Transfer carrot mixture to blender, add bell peppers, and blend until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Garnish servings with bell pepper slices (optional).
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe – We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife
If you have any ideas or alternatives, please send them in or make a comment in the box below!