Oven 200c/400f/gas mark 6
- 450g lean mince
- Half tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or brown sauce
- 500g potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 500g peeled sweet potato
- 400g can of baked beans.
- 360 ml stock – vegetable or beef
- Salt and pepper
- Scant 25g butter
- Optional – Small amount of low fat / light Grated cheddar to top
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan. Add the mince and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Put the meat to one side and add the onion. Reduce the heat and cook the onion until soft.
- Mix together the meat and the onion and add the Worcestershire sauce / brown sauce, pepper, salt and baked beans.
- Add gravy granules to the meat mix – vegetarian or beef.
- Meanwhile cook the potatoes and sweet potato in boiling water until soft.
- When soft, drain and mash using a little butter.
- Put the meat into the dish and cover with the potato mash.
- Optional – Add Grated low fat / light cheddar cheese on top, and put in to the oven.This can be added just to help the top of the pie brown nicely.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with cabbage, broccoli or frozen peas.