Serves: 4 sides.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes to prep, 30 minutes to cook.
- 4 portobello mushrooms, peeled
- Splash of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon of dried chili
- 220g (8 oz.) button or chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 handfuls of dried breadcrumbs
- 2 handfuls of chopped ham (optional)
- 2 small handfuls of feta cheese or blue cheese
- Salt and ground pepper
- Remove the stalks from the portobello mushrooms and chop finely.
- Put a splash of olive oil into a frying pan and add the garlic, herbs and chili. Heat through gently to flavour the oil.
- Add the chopped stalks, onions and chopped button or chestnut mushrooms. Fry gently until the mushrooms release liquid and onions are translucent (around 7 to 8 minutes). Then add the dried breadcrumbs.
- Oil an oven dish and place the two cleaned portobello mushrooms with the stalk side facing up.
- Pack with the stuffing mixture. Cover with ham (optional) and sprinkle on the cheese. Season with salt and pepper, remembering that both ham and cheese are salty to begin with.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until browned on the top.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife