Serves: 1 person.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes to prep, 5 minutes to cook.
- 2 eggs
- 1 piece of wholemeal bread
- Black pepper
- 4 / 5 cheery tomatoes
- Optional – low cholesterol butter
- Optional fresh chives
- Whisk eggs in a microwavable container.
- Add black pepper in with eggs.
- Place container in microwave and cook for 30 seconds a time until eggs are to your liking.
- Toast the bread.
- Place the tomotoes in a microwavable container and microwave until soft.
- Place eggs and tomotoes on top of toast.
- Add optional fresh chives.
Tips on this recipe include:
- Try to find pasture raised eggs – These are from hens that are free to live and roam outdoors, eat whatever they naturally find and live in a happy natural life. Anything less than pasture raised and you risk the hen not seeing the outdoors, going through stressful processes like beak trimming or being fed unnatural products.
- Make sure your eggs do not fill the bowl before putting them in the microwave. They will expand and, if your bowl is too small, overflow!
- Microwave cooking times vary on the number of eggs you choose to cook and the power of the microwave. A good place to start is always 2 minutes. Then you can judge from the consistency of the eggs if they are cooked to your liking. If they need a little more time, cook them in 30 second bursts until you find the perfect cooking time.
- Cook to your liking – there are no hard rules here!
- Add herb and spice toppings of your choice – fresh chives go very well.
- If you are concerned about your cholesterol intake, remove some yolks! There are plenty of YouTube videos which will show you how to do this!
If you have any questions, alternatives or ideas for toppings please let us know in the comments box below!