Introduction to guest:
Matt McLeod is an online fitness coach, registered dietitian, and confessed self-help junkie.
He is a content creator based out of Lexington, Kentucky, who coaches men and women to look great naked, be proud of who they are, and enjoy life.
See the show notes below for topics discussed.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch short clips from all our shows!
Key quotes and takeaways from the show:
Let this be the last thing you learn today. Take some time to stop consuming and start acting.
On a daily basis, match your actions with your values. Keep your word to yourself.
Stop focusing on outcomes. In four generations, no one is going to know who you are.
Find silence in your day.
Keep things that you don’t like doing to a minimum.
“How can I never receive this email again?” Eliminate, Automate, Liberate.
How can you strive for great things without being attached to the outcome?
Be proud of what you did today.
Success is being able to sleep at night.
Choose your pain.
Have one foot in order and one foot in chaos.
Do a lot of things that you really hate and identify what you’re thinking about the whole time.
Don’t copy people, see how they see.
Move, reassess, priorities and execute. Snap out of inaction before you reassess your priorities.
Don’t feel guilty about taking time off.
The smartest people are usually going to win.
You start again in every moment. Every choice is a new opportunity. There’s not as much pressure on you as you think there is.
Visualise in order to take action.
Why do you like the people you like? What values in them do you want to replicate?
Mindfulness gives you the space between the dominoes.
How can I make this moment more enjoyable?
Start and end your day with a laugh.
Spend money on convenience to reduce friction.
Question of the day:
Why don’t people get results?
Links to podcast sites:
The full podcast:
More podcasts on self-improvement and lifestyle…
To be notified on future podcasts:
Why would you want to do this?
- You can watch upcoming podcasts live on YouTube.
- You can interact with us and our guest live on YouTube.
- You can send in questions for upcoming guests.
If your question gets answered and you miss the live show, you can watch it here later.
- 00:00:00 – Coming up.
- 00:00:24 – Sunny Kentucky.
- 00:01:05 – The Trifecta!
- 00:05:02 – Lessons you will learn from this podcast.
- 00:07:20 – Taking action.
- 00:10:35 – What is worth doing?
- 00:23:30 – How to deal with overwhelm.
- 00:29:15 – Matt’s training regime and coaching service.
- 00:36:19 – Why people don’t get results.
- 00:44:16 – How to define your values.
- 00:47:54 – Today’s actionable step.
- 00:48:56 – Mindfulness.
- 00:51:52 – Matt’s unusual habit
- 00:52:59 – Something that’s added value to Matt’s life.
- 00:56:48 – Matt’s unpopular opinion.
- 00:59:55 – Matt’s recommended book.
- 01:00:48 – The most important question of this podcast!
- 01:04:47 – Recommended video.
People and resources mentioned:
In alphabetical order:
- 2 Bears 1 Cave Tom Segura and Bert Kreischer
- Almanack of Naval Ravikant
- Already Free (book)
- Casey Neistat
- Good Questions (article)
- Jodie Foster
- Jordan Peterson
- Life advice from Jonah Hill (article)
- Mark Manson
- Nate Green
- Sam Harris Waking Up
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss
- The Law of Attraction
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Tim Ferriss