Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 450g/1lb minced turkey
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Half pint of chicken stock
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 6 vine tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 yellow pepper chopped finely
- Salt and pepper to season
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan for a few seconds.
- Stir in the turkey, onion and garlic until the turkey is cooked through (for around 5 mins – the turkey will be steaming hot and grey in the middle rather than red).
- Stir in the can of tomatoes, tomato puree and chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti to packet instructions.
- Stir the fresh tomatoes and chopped pepper into the sauce and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti and divide between plates.
- Spoon the sauce over the spaghetti, then garnish with fresh basil leaves and additional vine tomatoes (as seen in the picture above).
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife