Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes to prep.
This Christmas starter is always top of the list. It’s extremely tasty and quick to prepare but served with the more infamous Maria rose sauce the dish can be full of calories and saturated fats.
With some slight tweaks to the ingredients we have created a low fat prawn cocktail which is still high in flavour but also high in nutrition.
- 400g king prawns – precooked and peeled
- 4 little gem lettuces, washed and trimmed
- 5 heaped tbsp. Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 inch cucumber – thinly chopped
- 2 tomatoes – thinly chopped
- 1 spring onion – thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. tabasco
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chilli’s (optional)
- Break up the lettuce into 4 cocktail glasses, cut and dice the tomato, cucumber and spring onion (optional chilli’s can also be added now if desired) – mix so ingredients are evenly layered.
- Lay the king prawns over the salad.
- Mix the yoghurt, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, paprika, salt and pepper together, add anymore of one ingredient to meet taste requirements.
- Gently pour enough sauce mixture over each glass covering the prawns – then serve.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe – We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback and send in your pictures!
If you have any ideas or alternatives to this recipe please send them in or make a comment in the box below!