Introduction to guest:
Richard Smith lost 107lbs of body fat and became British Pro Bodybuilding Champion after suffering from diabetes, clinical obesity, debilitating migraines, chronic fatigue, depression and anxiety.
Enjoy the show…And don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Key quotes and takeaways from the show:
Sugar is a drug. It’s highly addictive and extremely difficult to stop consuming.
Eliminate “black holes” from your life (people who suck the energy out of you).
Being at your lowest is the best opportunity to make a positive change in your life. You can only improve from there. Enter the belly of the whale to be reborn.
Change one thing at a time. 1% improvements. Compounding 1% improvements will result in extraordinary growth.
During the Napoleonic War, soldiers used to eat dead horses to cure scurvy because of the vitamin C content in it (red meat in general).
If you look hard enough for evidence (on anything), you will find it.
Don’t make immediate and drastic diet changes without consulting an expert first. Your diet must be tailored to you.
Grit, strong mind, ability to learn.
“Don’t believe what I tell you, go and do your research.” “Scrutinise the science.” If you can question it so many times, from so many different angles and you come to the same conclusion, you’re on the right path. Question everything!
Habits and consistency lead to success and happiness. It’s all about the rule and not the exception.
Links to podcast sites:
The full podcast:
For more podcasts on nutrition and strength training, check out these related videos…
To be notified on future podcasts:
Why would you want to do this?
- You can watch upcoming podcasts live on YouTube.
- You can interact with us and our guest live on YouTube.
- You can send in questions for upcoming guests.
If your question gets answered and you miss the live show, you can watch it here later.
- 00:00:00 – When doesn’t it rain in Wales?
- 00:00:53 – How Rich is helping others.
- 00:09:07 – I’m going to die!
- 00:11:57 – Bodybuilding.
- 00:16:08 – Hitting rock bottom.
- 00:24:14 – The carnivore diet.
- 00:32:09 – How to get all nutrients on carnivore diet.
- 00:42:35 – What is Keto?
- 00:47:24 – Bodybuilding on carnivore diet.
- 00:49:25 – Keto protein shakes.
- 00:51:19 – When Rich eats carbs.
- 00:53:55 – How to pick a good cut of meat.
- 00:57:20 – What about pork scratchings?
- 00:58:54 – Why bodybuilding?
- 01:05:12 – Years to become British Champion.
- 01:07:07 – Steroids.
- 01:13:00 – An unknown recommendation.
- 01:13:54 – 3 essential skills for children.
- 01:15:23 – Essential skills for making change, becoming successful & being happy.
- 01:17:25 – Where to find more from Rich.
People and resources mentioned:
In alphabetical order: