Serves: Roughly 10 small square flapjacks (depending on how big you cut them).
Preparation Time: 45 minutes to prep, 15 – 20 minutes to cook.
Use this quick, easy recipe to create little bundles of joy without the need to divulge in artificial sugars to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Cravings satisfied… Check!
Guilt free… Check!
- 1 cup of organic oats (of your choice – Rolled oats are most popular).
- ¾ cup of organic nut butter (of your choice – peanut butter is most popular).
- Drizzle of coconut oil.
- 125-150g skimmed milk (other milks such as full fat or almond milk can be used based on your dietary requirements – weights may vary to create a paste-like texture).
- Any natural, healthy ingredients to sweeten the mixture – 15g natural raw honey, handful of dried fruit of your choice, handful of organic coconut flakes/shavings).
- If you want to add protein content for energy value, muscle repair and growth – 60g natural whey protein powder, handful of chopped mixed nuts or handful of mixed seeds.
- Mix the protein source and oats in a large bowl.
- Stir in the milk and nut butter until evenly mixed.
- Fold in your sweetener of choice evenly through mixture.
- Drizzle a small amount of coconut oil on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper.
- Spread the mixture evenly across the paper (create an even thickness).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C, or gas mark 5.
- Heat for 10-15 minutes in oven – Check every 5 minutes until you achieve the softness or crunchiness you desire.
- Remove the bar from the oven, slice and leave to cool.
These bars will last for days or even weeks if kept properly. One batch can last up to two weeks if you keep them chilled in the fridge.
As always, if you have any ideas for alternative ingredients or want to discuss the recipe please get in contact!