Serves: 4 sides.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook.
- 1.4kg of sweet potatoes
- 5 tbsp of natural, unrefined cooking oil (cold pressed sunflower or groundnut oil)
- 3 tbsp of soft, light brown sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into orange segment sized pieces (keeping the skin on).
- Mix the sweet potato slices with the olive oil, brown sugar and lime juice.
- Sprinkle with the smoked paprika, chili, garlic and salt
- Place them in a roasting tin, in a single layer.
- Roast for around 20 minutes or until cooked throughout (when you can break them easily or punch a fork into the centre with very little or no resistance – steam will rise from the centre).
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife