Serves: 6 skewers.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes to prep, 15 minutes to cook.
- 120g halloumi cheese
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 courgette
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint (15g)
- Optional – ½ a fresh red chilli
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Put 6 wooden skewers into a tray of cold water to soak – this will stop them from burning.
- On a chopping board, cut the halloumi into 2cm cubes and then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Now cut the pepper in half and remove the stalk, seeds and any white pith, then slice into 2cm pieces and add to the bowl.
- Cut the courgette in half lengthways, then cut into half-moon slices, roughly ½cm thick, then add to the bowl along with the tomatoes.
- Remove the stalks from the mint leaves and finely slice leaves
- Carefully deseed and finely chop the chilli, if using.
- Finely grate the lemon zest onto a board and mix in the bowl with the mint leaves and chilli (if using. Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season bowl with a pinch of pepper, then mix well to coat.
- Light the barbeque and leave until hot.
- Thread the halloumi cubes, cherry tomatoes, pepper and courgette pieces between the skewers making sure you have an even amount of each on skewers.
- Place onto barbeque and cook for around 10 – 12 mins turning midway through.
- Serve with our avocado and mango salad or another salad of your choice.