Serves: 6 skewers.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes to prep, 15 minutes to cook.
- 120g halloumi cheese
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 courgette
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint (15g)
- Optional – ½ a fresh red chilli
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Put 6 wooden skewers into a tray of cold water to soak – this will stop them from burning.
- On a chopping board, cut the halloumi into 2cm cubes and then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Now cut the pepper in half and remove the stalk, seeds and any white pith, then slice into 2cm pieces and add to the bowl.
- Cut the courgette in half lengthways, then cut into half-moon slices, roughly 0.5cm thick, then add to the bowl along with the tomatoes.
- Remove the mint leaves from their stalks and finely slice the leaves.
- Carefully deseed and finely chop the chili (if using).
- Finely grate the lemon zest onto a board and mix in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients, mint leaves and chili (if using).
- Add in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Season bowl with a pinch of pepper, then mix well to coat all the ingredients.
- Light the barbeque and leave until hot.
- Thread the halloumi cubes, cherry tomatoes, pepper and courgette pieces between the skewers, making sure you have an even amount on each skewer.
- Place the skewers onto the barbeque and cook for around 10 – 12 minutes, turning midway through.
- Serve with our avocado and mango salad or another salad of your choice.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife