Healthy Fish Pie – Serves 4 – 6
- 225g raw cod
- 225g smoked haddock
- 700g Raw Potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 leek
- 1 tbsp chopped curly parsley
- Half tbsp. of wholegrain mustard
- 125g peeled cooked prawns
- 175ml skimmed milk
- 200g Low fat soft cheese
- 120g Fat free Fromage Frais
- 2 tsp chopped curly parsley
- I tsp black pepper
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 2 eggs
- Optional – 1 small head of broccoli / handful of peas or green beans for side dish
- Optional – Small amount of cheese for topping
Preheat oven – gas mark 4/180’C
- Put the milk into a wide saucepan with the bay leaf. Add the cod and smoked haddock fillets. Heat VERY gently for 10 minutes until fish is soft and starting to flake. Strain milk into a jug.
- Cut broccoli into florets and steam until just soft.
- Hard boil eggs for around 8 mins
- Put broccoli into a 2pt baking dish then lay broken fish pieces on top, along with the prawns. Keep the fish in quite large pieces.
- Whisk together 100ml of the saved milk, soft cheese and fromage frais. Add the chopped parsley and season to taste. Pour over the fish and broccoli.
- Peel and add eggs.
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until soft – approximately 15-20 minutes. Drain and mash with the mustard, and some of the remaining milk. Don’t make the mash too ‘sloppy’.
- Cut up the leek into small slices, cook in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes, and add to the potato mash. You can chop the leek very finely, without cooking, and add to the mash if you want some texture.
- Top the fish etc with the mash, use a fork to create texture on top, and cook for 25 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling. Put under the grill to brown. Optional cheese can be added to top to help brow (use minimal amount).