Serves: 4 – 6 Servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes to prep, 50 – 60 minutes to cook.
- 225g raw cod
- 225g smoked haddock
- 700g raw potatoes cut into cubes
- 1 leek
- 1 tbsp chopped curly parsley
- Half tbsp. of wholegrain mustard
- Optional – 125g peeled cooked prawns
- 175ml skimmed milk
- 200g low fat soft cheese
- 120g fat free fromage frais
- 2 tsp chopped curly parsley
- I tsp black pepper
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 2 eggs
- Optional – 1 small head of broccoli / handful of peas or green beans for side dish
- Optional – Small amount of cheese for topping
- Preheat oven – gas mark 4 (180 degrees C or 355 degrees F)
- Put the milk into a wide saucepan with the bay leaf. Add the cod and smoked haddock fillets. Heat VERY gently for 10 minutes until fish is soft and starting to flake. Strain milk into a jug.
- Cut broccoli into florets and steam until just soft.
- Hard boil eggs for around 8 mins
- Put broccoli into a 2pt baking dish then lay broken fish pieces on top, along with the prawns if using. Keep the fish in quite large pieces.
- Whisk together 100ml of the saved milk, soft cheese and fromage frais. Add the chopped parsley and season to taste. Pour over the fish and broccoli.
- Peel and add eggs.
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until soft – approximately 15-20 minutes. Drain and mash with the mustard, and some of the remaining milk. Don’t make the mash too ‘sloppy’.
- Cut up the leek into small slices, cook in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes, and add to the potato mash. You can chop the leek very finely, without cooking, and add to the mash if you want some texture.
- Top the fish etc with the mash, use a fork to create texture on top, and bake for 25 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling. Put under the grill to brown.
- Optional cheese can be added to top to help brown (use minimal amount).