Introduction to show:
Shaun and Gaz dig into their personal journals to discuss their most recent thoughts, as well as key life principles that they live by (or have been pondering).
If you want a podcast full of tips, tools and recommended resources for improving in everyday life, this is the one for you!
Enjoy the show and don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more!
Key quotes and takeaways from the show:
Parenting is a partnership.
“Don’t complain about the snow on your neighbour’s roof when your own doorstep is unclean.” – Confucius.
Freedom within the boundaries.
Use heuristics to make better decisions, faster decisions and reduce cognitive strain.
There are more moves in a chess game than there are atoms in the known universe.
“I feel happier with less.”
What you say no to is just as important as what you say yes to.
Rate what you are about to do out of 10, but it can’t be 7!
Create slack in your day.
How many shoulds do you have in your day?
What would make today great?
What would have made today better?
You can’t control the mind with the mind.
Make all negotiations a win-win.
In negotiation, get the other party to say “that’s right”.
None of it is going to matter!
Question of the day:
“Can you name your family members from two or three generations ago?”
Links to podcast sites:
The full podcast:
Here are some related episodes that you may also enjoy…
To be notified on future podcasts:
Why would you want to do this?
- You can watch upcoming podcasts live on YouTube.
- You can interact with us and our guest live on YouTube.
- You can send in questions for upcoming guests.
If your question gets answered and you miss the live show, you can watch it here later.
- 00:00:00 – Coming up
- 00:00:14 – Gaz’s keto breakfast.
- 00:01:05 – Partnership parenting lessons.
- 00:04:26 – COVID-19
- 00:11:31 – 2 parenting tips that work.
- 00:16:21 – The almanack of Shaun Cad.
- 00:22:56 – Keeping your world small.
- 00:24:44 – The ability to say no.
- 00:31:27 – How many “shoulds” do you have in your day?
- 00:34:04 – Shaun & Gaz’s training regimes.
- 00:36:35 – The ability to have difficult conversations.
- 00:45:50 – Indifference to other people.
- 00:48:50 – The one book that Gaz would recommend.
- 00:49:42 – The fine line between introversion and selfishness.
People and resources mentioned:
In alphabetical order:
- Andrew Huberman podcast with Tim Ferriss
- Andy Stumpf
- Barry Westley
- Derek Sivers
- Former FBI agent negotiator (Chris Voss)
- Gary Vee
- Gavin and Stacey
- Jocko Podcast
- Joe Rogan Podcast
- John Danaher
- Kapil Gupta
- Last Week’s Podcast
- Mark Divine with Dr Kirk Parsley Podcast
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Mr Bean – Car Middle Finger Sketch
- Naval Ravikant
- Quiet by Susan Cain
- Seasons of Temper by Tom Furman
- Secrets to Parenting Without Giving a F^ck by Sue Donnellan
- Simon Sinek
- Steve Jobs Stanford Speech
- Steve Sims
- Sue Donnellan
- Susan Cain
- The Almanack of Naval Ravikant
- Tim Ferriss Podcast
- Tim Ferriss Podcast with Ramit Sethi
- Tim Urban
- Tom Furman
- Tools of Titans
- Tribe of Mentors
- Wait But Why