Introduction to guest:
Gary Hensel is a teacher and author of classic wisdom, new thought and growth mindset.
He communicates daily with people from all over the world through his large social media following and teaches masterclasses, helping people to create the greatest version of themselves.
Books by Gary Hensel:
Tough road creates tough people
Key quotes and takeaways from the show:
“You’re not funnelling information into people, your job is to bring out what’s already inside.” – On teaching.
“The brain is for thinking not for storing.”
“You can’t love others and give love, especially healthy love, until you love yourself.”
“Talk to yourself like you’re talking to your best friend.”
“A child doesn’t berate himself for crawling and not being able to walk, but he keeps at it.”
“When you do get free time, don’t feel guilty about it. Don’t feel guilty about meditating, writing, reading, putting your feet up, sitting in the garden.”
Question of the day:
“What would an older me say to me now?”
Links to podcast sites:
The full podcast:
If you enjoyed this, you will also enjoy listening to Gary’s first time on the show where we discussed mindset, peace, spirituality, meditation, energy, positivity, purpose, books, learning, drugs, medication and gifts from the Universe.
To be notified on future podcasts:
Why would you want to do this?
- You can watch upcoming podcasts live on Facebook.
- You can interact with us and our guest live on Facebook.
- You can send in questions for upcoming guests.
If your question gets answered and you miss the live show, you can watch it here later.
- 00:31 – What Gary has been reading and its importance.
- 05:07 – Books that Gary rereads.
- 08:05 – Gary’s 4 basic principles for happiness.
- 13:38 – The use of dark humour during tough times.
- 14:47 – Is this earthly plain a pre-school for something more?
- 15:01 – Conquering fear, and death as the ultimate fear.
- 17:30 – Surrounding yourself with happy people.
- 18:38 – How to be a good student, teacher, and leader.
- 26:46 – Gary’s writing process and where he gets inspiration form.
- 38:21 – What makes good writing?
- 41:52 – Finding YOUR way in life.
- 42:45 – Using the words “I AM” and why Gary wrote his books.
- 48:27 – Gary’s advice to a younger self.
- 51:49 – Gaz’s advice to a younger self.
- 53:33 – How to improve your self-talk.
- 55:09 – What Gary is working on – Lessons for a Spiritual Warrior.
- 56:26 – One of Gaz’s favourite spiritual writers.
- 58:34 – There are no new thoughts in the world.
- 58:57 – Teaching through simplicity and story.
- 01:00:13 – Don’t worry or be serious – most of it’s for nothing!
- 01:02:02 – Coronavirus’ impact on life and human nature – lessons from Coronavirus.
- 01:32:09 – Has Gary’s life changed since coronavirus?
- 01:05:43 – What a usual day looks like for Gary Hensel.
- 01:07:31 – Is Gary’s day planned or sporadic?
- 01:08:43 – Meditation for everyday people.
- 01:09:43 – Keeping exercise simple.
- 01:10:00 – Don’t feel guilty about free time.
People and resources mentioned:
- A Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- Beth Frates MD
- Conversations with God, Book 1: An Uncommon Dialogue by Neale Donald Walsch
- Abraham Hicks
- The Tim Ferriss Show with Elizabeth Gilbert
- Gaz’s blogs and articles
- Demolition Man
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- I AM by Gary Hensel
- Notes to a Younger Me by Gary Hensel
- Tough Road Creates Tough People featuring Gary Hensel
- Wall Street Journal
- Wayne Dyer
- I Can See Clearly Now by Wayne Dyer
- Lao Tzu