Serves: 4 sides.
Preparation Time: 10 – 15 minutes.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 just-ripe (but still firm) mango
- 2 little gem lettuces, separated into leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 long, mild red chilli
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
- Juice of 1 lime
- olive oil
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and cut the flesh into long thin slices.
- Cut both cheeks from the mango stone and cross-hatch the flesh, making sure your knife goes right down to the skin but not through it.
- Press the center of each piece of the mango skin with your fingers so that the straight, cut flesh side becomes rounded (it will look like a mango hedgehog), then use the knife to disconnect the squares of mango: you will have cubes of mango.
- Put the lettuce leaves on to 4 plates.
- Deseed and chop the chilli and thinly slice the onion.
- Arrange the avocado, mango, chilli and onion on top.
- Sprinkle over the thyme leaves, squeeze over the lime and drizzle over some olive oil.
- Season with salt.