Serves: 2 people
Nutrition Values: 347 cal, 10g Fat, 64g Carbs, 13g Dietary fibre, 3g Sugars, 15g Protein.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 5 minutes to cook.
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas (drained)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 3 / 4 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 3 cups of oil
- In a medium sized bowl mix chickpeas, onion, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper and flour. Mix together well. Put into a blender and blend if you want a good thick paste.
- Once paste is ready, roll into small balls, sausages or however you please (preferably into the size of ping pong balls). Amount of balls is entirely up to the chef. Double the ingredients for twice the amount.
- Fry in 2 inches of oil at 350 degrees for 2 – 5 minutes.
Why not add pita bread and salad to create a meal for two?
Plenty more ideas throughout our articles and on social media – @myhomevitality