This quick variation of eggs on toast or “Eggs Florentine” can be made with minimal effort and fuss.
Healthy, nutritious and takes only a few minutes to make, what more can you ask for!
- 1 slice of wholegrain bread (toaster required)
- Vegetables of your choice – avocado, mangetout, asparagus, etc.
- 2 large pasture raised eggs – Pastured is preferred (microwave, 2 mugs, plastic wrap and water required)
Procedure of preparation
- Put your bread in the toaster ready for toasting.
- For each egg, fill 1/3 of a mug with hot water.
- Crack the two eggs and place them into the mugs then cover each mug using a plastic wrap (cling film).
- Put the mugs into the microwave and cook for 90 seconds alongside toasting your bread.
- Continue to microwave the eggs in 15 seconds bursts until cooked.
- Spread a layer of your chosen vegetables across your toast.
- Pop the eggs on top and then season as required.