Serves: 1 person.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes to prep, 5 minutes to cook.
This quick variation of eggs on toast or “Eggs Florentine” can be made with minimal effort and fuss.
Healthy, nutritious and takes only a few minutes to make, what more can you ask for!
- 2 slices of wholegrain bread (toaster required).
- Vegetables of your choice – avocado, mangetout, asparagus, etc.
- 2 large pasture raised eggs (a microwave, 2 mugs, plastic wrap and water required)
- Fresh chives
- Put your bread in the toaster ready for toasting.
- For each egg, fill 1/3 of a mug with hot water.
- Crack the two eggs and place them into the mugs then cover each mug using a plastic wrap (cling film).
- Put the mugs into the microwave and cook for 90 seconds alongside toasting your bread.
- Continue to microwave the eggs in 15-second bursts until cooked.
- Spread a layer of your chosen vegetables across your toast.
- Pop the eggs on top and then season as required.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife