Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 40 minutes to cook.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic gloves – crushed
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 2 large carrots – diced
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 large red / green pepper – chopped
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 350ml water
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Fresh mint or coriander to garnish
- Optional – sliced fresh chilli’s
- 1 portion of rice cooked to instructions
- Heat oil, onion and garlic over medium heat until golden.
- Stir in tomato puree, curry powder and chilli powder, cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in tin of tomatoes, water, all other vegetables and stock cube.
- Cook slowly for around 30mins until vegetables are well done.
- Add a sprinkle of mint or coriander and fresh sliced chilli’s (optional).
- Serve with rice.