Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes to prep, 40 minutes to cook.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic gloves – crushed
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 2 large carrots – diced
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 large red / green pepper – chopped
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 350ml water
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Fresh mint or coriander to garnish
- Optional – sliced fresh chilli’s
- 1 portion of rice cooked to instructions
- Heat the oil, onion and garlic over medium heat until golden.
- Stir in the tomato puree, curry powder and chilli powder, and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the tin of tomatoes, water, all the other vegetables and the stock cube.
- Cook slowly for around 30 minutes until the vegetables are well done.
- Cook the rice as per the packet’s instructions.
- When done, add a sprinkle of mint or coriander and fresh sliced chili’s (optional) to the curry, season with salt and black pepper, and serve with the rice.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife