Serves: 1 person.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 garlic glove
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 wholemeal wrap
- 1/4 avocado
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- Salt and black pepper
- To make the salsa, first roughly chop the tomatoes, avocado and spring onion and add to a bowl. Drizzle over 1 tbsp of olive oil and add the white wine vinegar and lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Now to make the fajitas, cut the chicken into strips and season with salt, black pepper and the fajitas seasoning.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan and heat. Roughly chop the peppers and onion and add to the pan. Cook for around 5 minutes. Finely chop the garlic and add to the pan for around 30 seconds.
- Cut the chicken into strips and cook for around 3 – 5 minutes, until all of the chicken is evenly cooked (not red or pink in the middle).
- Once cooked, heat the wrap in a microwave for 20 seconds and spoon the salsa mix onto the middle of the wrap.
- Add in the chicken and vegetables to the middle of the wrap.
- Fold the top and bottom of the wrap so both sides overlap in the middle.
- Turn the fajita 90 degrees so the top and bottom ends are now open.
- Keeping the two sides overlapped in the middle of the fajita, roll up from the bottom so that the mixture is packaged in the middle.
- Cut through the middle of the wrap and serve as halves.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife