Serves: 1 person.
Preparation Time: 7 – 10 minutes to prep, 20 minutes to cook.
- 125g chicken breast
- 2 slices of Parma ham
- 2 slices of mozzarella
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 sage leaf
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C / 390F / Gas mark 6.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Place mozzarella on top of the chicken breast along with the sage leaf.
- Wrap the chicken breast in Parma ham and season again with black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sear the chicken and ham parcel on both sides until golden.
- Place the chicken and ham parcel on a baking tray and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted (to check, cut the chicken through the thickest part of the breast to ensure that there is no pink inside).
- Tomatoes can either be cooked alongside the chicken breast or grilled separately.
- Optional – serve with a side salad or in-season greens.