Serves: 4 people.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes to prep, minimum 1 hour marinating and 20 minutes to cook.
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 4 free-range chicken breasts
- 250g fat-free Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 lemons
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red onions
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- 4 small flatbreads or flour tortillas
- Salt and pepper
- Place the saffron in a small bowl, cover with 2 tablespoons of hot water and leave to soak for a few minutes.
- Cut the chicken into 4cm cubes and place in a bowl with the yoghurt, saffron and soaking liquid.
- Peel the garlic clove and finely grate it into the bowl, along with the zest of both lemons and the juice of one.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season lightly with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix ingredients together and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Peel and finely slice the red onions, quarter the tomatoes and pick the coriander leaves. Place into a bowl, keeping a few coriander leaves back to use later as a garnish. Squeeze in the juice from the remaining lemon, add a small pinch of salt and scrunch together really well. Add a good lug of extra virgin olive oil, correct the seasoning and set aside.
- Preheat a griddle pan on high heat. Thread the marinated chicken pieces onto 4 skewers (if you’re using wooden skewers, make sure you soak them in water first to stop them burning and also cut them to size, if necessary).
- Griddle the chicken kebabs for around 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through, turning regularly.
- Meanwhile, pop your flatbreads or tortillas into the oven to warm through.
- To serve, place the flatbreads onto 4 plates and pop a skewer on top of each one. Divide the tomato salad and all the lovely juices between the flatbreads, drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil and scatter over the reserved coriander, then serve right away.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife