- 150g pudding rice
- 5 lightly crushed cardamom seeds
- 5 unsalted pistachios, roasted and lightly crushed
- 50g of castor sugar
- 1 litre semi skimmed organic milk
- Butter to grease dish and dot on top
- Stewed apples or other fruit
- Heat the oven to 150c/fan 130c/gas 2.
- Lightly butter a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish. Toss the rice, cardamom pods and sugar into the dish. Stir in the milk, dot with butter and put in the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes then stir the rice and put back into the oven for another 30 minutes and stir again.
- Return to the oven for a final hour without stirring.
- Sprinkle over the crushed pistachios and serve with stewed fruit.