Serves: 2 people
Nutrition Values: 275 cal, 6.9g fat, 7g Carbs, 28g Protein
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 150g of rigatoni or penne pasta (or any pasta you wish)
- 3 spring onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 125g cherry tomatoes
- 150g broccoli
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Pinch of chilli flakes (replace with black pepper if spice is not your thing)
- 75g cream cheese
- Half a tablespoon of salt
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook for approximately 12 minutes.
- During this time, finely grate the garlic and slice the onions. Thinly slice the broccoli florets and stalks, then halve the tomatoes.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan. Add the sliced spring onions and fry for approx. 1 minute. Add the garlic and chilli flakes, again fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes to the mix, fry for a further 2 minutes until they start to break down and add the broccoli.
- Take a small mug of the pasta water on the boil and pour into the mix. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes until the broccoli is cooked.
- Drain the pasta and add to the broccoli mix, season with salt and pepper. Stir through the cream cheese and cook altogether for a further 1 minute.
- Time to dish up!