Serves: 1 person.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes to prep, 10 minutes to cook.
- 1 rasher of bacon
- Handful of spinach
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 10g cheddar cheese
- Pinch of oregano
- Black pepper to season
- Optional – one piece of whole-wheat toast
- Grill the bacon for around 2 – 3 minutes or until crispy and then cut up into small pieces.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and heat.
- Add the spinach until it has wilted.
- Now add the beaten eggs and bacon.
- Gently push the cooked eggs to the centre of pan so any uncooked parts can reach the hot pan.
- Once the eggs have thickened, add the cheese to one side of omelette and fold in half.
- Turn off heat and leave to settle.
- Put on plate and season with black pepper and oregano.
- Optional – serve with one piece of whole-wheat toast.
Please let us know how you get on with this recipe!
If you have any ideas or alternatives, add them in the comments box below!
Also, tag us in your pictures on Instagram @MyHomeVitality or #MHV or #MHVLife