Now that the winter season is getting closer, it’s time to think about fun date ideas you can arrange throughout the winter months.
It’s just too easy to put on a film or binge watch a series of Game of Thrones because you’re too tired or it’s been a hectic week. Getting yourself out into the real world will help you reconnect with your partner and shake off those cobwebs.
Date night should be fun and there are plenty of ideas to choose from no matter what your budget. Try asking a friend if they have any great ideas on how to spend quality time with your partner. They may surprise you with a list of winter date night ideas which may interest you.
To save you time trudging the internet we have created seven fabulous date night ideas you can try out to surprise your partner.
1. Cook a Warming Winter Meal Together
Cooking together is a perfect way to spend your date night. Making food together brings out passion and flair in your personality that your partner will love to see. This can also be a relatively inexpensive night while spending quality time with your partner. Here’s a nice healthy chicken pot to try.
2. Go Ice Skating
Ice skating is the ultimate romantic date for a winter’s evening. It reminds me of Serendipity the movie with John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale where they met by chance and left fate to bring them back together.
If you live near London, you can recreate the romance by visiting the Natural History Museum Ice Rink open from the 26th October to 7th January from 11.00 -21.00 (remember to double-check times before travelling). Skates are included in your ticket price with a session lasting 50 minutes. Even if you don’t live near London, you can always find a local pop-up ice rink around winter time. Wrap up well and wear gloves to protect your fingers.
There’s something about an open-air ice rink that feels romantic and I’m positive your partner will love a wonderful winter surprise like this.
3. Warm up with Sexy Salsa Dance Lessons
Dancing is a wonderful way to keep fit and healthy without trying. Booking a one-off lesson for a Salsa Dance Class is one way to spice up your date night. Salsa dancing is energetic with exciting music to fire up the tempo and leave you feeling hot and sexy.
Salsa dancing indulges your senses with Cuban music that originated in the 1920’s, mixed with Latin influences that made its way to New York. Since then the music has brought many couples together through the pleasure of the fast-paced rhythm and the energetic feel to the dance.
4. Visit a Christmas Market
What’s more winter like than wrapping up warm and visiting a Christmas market. There are plenty of these markets around and they are an ideal winter date idea. With Traditional food and drinks, live music and great gift stands, there are plenty of things to keep you and your partner busy. These markets tend to run from around mid-November all the way up to the Christmas Period. A quick google search will help you find your nearest Christmas Market.
5. Book a Couples Massage
You can visit a beauty salon to try out a couple’s massage where you each have a masseur. Or book the masseurs to come to your home. This isn’t a cheap date night idea, but it’s one that’ll relax you both. There are many benefits to having a massage.
- Ease muscle tension
- Stress release
- Clears your mind
- Overall wellbeing
6. Spice up Your Date Night with a Cocktail Evening
Pick up cheap recipe books online or search for free recipes for new cocktails that’ll shift the heat up a notch. Shop for your ingredients before your partner arrives and have them ready and waiting in the fridge. You could even go the extra mile and decorate the house. A nice cocktail to try is the cucumber fizz. Here’s how the recipe works.
- 2 oz. Cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ½ oz. Grey Goose La Poire flavoured vodka (or any vodka you fancy)
- ½ oz. Elderflower Liqueur
- ½ oz. Lemon Juice
- ½ oz. Syrup
- Lemonade or Soda
Mint, Cucumber Slices and Lemon Zest
- In a shaker, muddle the cucumber
- Add the vodka, Elderflower Liqueur, lemon juice and syrup, and fill with ice
- Shake vigorously and strain into a highball glass filled with fresh ice
- Garnish with mint, cucumber slices and lemon zest and top with lemonade or soda
This recipe originated from Liquor.com
7. Unplug for The Evening and Spend Quality Time with Your Partner
In this age of technology, we can be overwhelmed by the constant stresses of social media, text messages, WhatsApp and so much more. Technology is wonderful and I couldn’t do my job without it, but the fast-paced life we lead online can leave us frazzled and detached from the rest of our life. Taking a rest from your internet life encourages a healthy lifestyle and will restore your inner harmony.
Here are a few tips to unplug for a stress-free date night;
- Turn your answerphone on in case you have an emergency in the family.
- Remind friends and family members you’re having a date night with your partner (that way nobody will bother you with random calls and texts asking you what you’re up to).
- Go to the settings on your phone and turn off all, yes, ALL notifications for social media.
- Stick your phone on silent and make sure to turn the vibration setting off too.
- When your partner arrives, both of you put your phones away in a drawer or box (this will make sure you aren’t tempted to sneak a look at your phones while one of you takes a toilet break).
The benefits of unplugging your online life for the evening will be self-rewarding and highly satisfying. You and your partner will focus your time on each other and spend real, quality time to reconnect and enjoy each other’s company.
Try surprising your partner on your next date night by choosing one of our amazing date night ideas for the winter season and show your partner how much you love them.